No Audio Output Device Is Installed...

Closed
Sprunt - Apr 22, 2010 at 10:49 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 25, 2010 at 04:59 AM
I have read numerous forums and tried many different things with this stupid laptop.
Trying to fix the problem for someone and have gotten nowhere.

I've checked the BIOS and reset it to default - although there are no sound options there.
I have completely reformatted the PC, same problem from the get-go.
I have download all the different sound drivers for this particular laptop model from Toshiba's website as well as Drive Magician (which has worked in the past).
I have also gone into Services.msc and restarted and started the Windows Audio service.
Also, in device manager this is NO Sound, Game Controller section to expand and uninstall...and when I expand the System Devices section and uninstall/disable the High Def. Audio Controller...still nothing.
I have hibernated and slept the PC and done everything else I can think of except taking it apart.

System was Vista x32, reformatted to Win 7 .x32 because 7, in my experience, fixes problems itself much easier. Same problems on the new installation as were happening with Vista.
Windows is completely up to date and I know quite a bit about computers in fixing them over the years but am completely stumped now.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 25, 2010 at 04:59 AM
Dear Sir,

It is clear that the sound driver is missing and you should have it installed in order to get free of the trouble.

Thank you.