My laptop wont start up

Closed
dwevans Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 23, 2010 - Apr 23, 2010 at 05:41 PM
starhawk85 Posts 16 Registration date Friday April 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 - Apr 23, 2010 at 07:47 PM
My mother was on the laptop (HP G6060EA) without switching on the power supply, needless to say it ran out of power and went into sleep mode, nothing unusual, its done it before without problems. This time however it was really slow coming back to life, so I held down the power button to do a restart, then I selected 'start windows normally' and got the loading screen, but it stuck there. So I tried again. But now it wont even start up. The power button and icon and mouse/finger pad icon flashes blue once, and green led on the disc drive flashes once. nothing on the screen, no fan and no hard drive whirring around.

I've tried the removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds fix but no joy. It wont run with the power supply only without battery either so I don't think it's just a dead battery problem.

Ive searched through the forum but none of the solutions have worked for me. Do you think I need to send it for repair? Ive never had this before I've always been able to fix my pc (desktop) problems myself, I feel so powerless.

Any other solutions will be greatfully apprechiated.
Related:

1 response

starhawk85 Posts 16 Registration date Friday April 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 1
Apr 23, 2010 at 07:47 PM
1:i cant give a straight answer but i can tell you what has worked for me in the past
leving the computer for a day without a sorce of power

2:draining the battery completly then removing it then pluggin in the power supply while the battery is out still and running it then properly shutting it down

3:disassebling the whole computer and cleaning it in the prosses and peicing it back together make sure it all goes back together the right way and dont force things

4:tapping the power button while it is asleep one and then hittin the space bar

5:if stuck close the laptop while waiting some time depends on issues.... and then opening it and applying #4

6: this one is so odd but it has worked for me... talk to your computer nicely give it props and positive thinking sometimes it just needs a bit of love .... then you finally figure it out .. lol

7: check your cd rom drive and or if you have one your floppy drive makeing sure nothing is inserted and nothing that is connected to the usb ports and so on these may be disrupting your startup

thats it
hope this helps :)