Linksys Cisco Router: Can't connect 2nd comp.

Closed
Shawna - Apr 24, 2010 at 04:35 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Apr 25, 2010 at 08:54 AM
I bought a linksys cisco router and set it up. It runs fine until I bring another computer into my apartment. When my friend brought his computer to the apartment, he tried to connect to the wireless network, and it asked him to enter the code on the bottom of the router. When we did, it prompted him to "name the network" and set up a password. It ended up creating a whole new network and completely erasing my previously set up one. When he left, the new network stayed in place. I restarted/reinstalled my router with my own settings, but when he came over a few days later, it did the same thing. What is going on? How can we connect his computer to my wireless network without having to change the entire configuration?

Shawna

Related:

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Apr 25, 2010 at 08:54 AM
You can always create preferred network (wireless network profile) by using wireless zero configuration, and connect to that wireless network next time without recreating the profile again. Maybe this wireless adapter configuration in Windows Vista or XP can give you more ideas. Hope this helps.