Non system disk or disk error replace...

Closed
Mattano Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2010 - Apr 30, 2010 at 07:22 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 7, 2010 at 07:23 AM
I have a Hp nc6000 notebook that had windows server 2003 on it. I was installing windows xp on the machine and towards the end of the installation it failed. So I restarted the machine and went back to the install. Instead of installing everything again I chose the repair option. It deleted all the files it need to delete and began copying new ones. It came upon a file that it couldn't install (which I cannot remember) and i chose to quit instead of skipping the file. When I restarted to do a clean Install the message "non system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready" came up. No matter what I do I can't boot from the cd bay. It seems like the cd rom has no power to it because even when I press the button to open the tray it will not open, it doesn't spool up or anything. So I am stuck with a laptop with that error message and now I cannot boot from a cd because the cd rom won't work. Was it possible to mess up the cd rom because of the failed repair. PLEASE ADVISE!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 7, 2010 at 07:23 AM
Dear Mattano,

Please have the solution from the following address.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/812492

Thanks in advance.