Group has taken over admin rights on my pc.

Closed
Donna - May 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 20, 2010 at 05:59 AM
I have a Dell desktop computer that is in my home. It is my private computer but for some time I have been trying to remove the LOCALSERVICEPROFILE that has taken over my computer administrative rights and treats me as though I am linked to a group. I have completely reinstalled many times trying to get rid of it. It has added an X: drive with 33kb of memory that overrides everything. How can I delete this drive? I believe that if I can do this, I can set the computer to it's original factory settings by removing the battery and then reload Windows. This is the second new harddrive I have added and it still corrupts. It seems to be intangled in my Windows Media Player and IE. I have some simple READ rights but it blocks the rest. There are numerous USER accts hidden in my computer including RESTRICTED, OWNER, and ANONYMOUS. Thanks for your help!

Donna
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 20, 2010 at 05:59 AM
Dear Donna,

It might be that someone is accessing to your PC. In such a case, please consider activating your firewall properly. Otherwise it might be that you are actually being logged into a user account. Please check your account settings in the Control panel. Also consider indicating which operating system you are using for us to be able to see in the matter appropriately.

Thank you.