How to connect two computer with one internet

Closed
suresh - May 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 8, 2010 at 06:39 PM
i have 2 systems with one system XP as O/S ND other as VISTA as O/S and i have broa bandconnection along with switch (HUB) please can u tell how to connect internet for both the systems. we tryed but it is asking for password for each and every system we are unable to do this at a time only 1 system is working. if am trying to provide the IP address and the subnet mask then it is asking for DNS ,how can i get DNS ,please help me out on this.

waiting for reply

with regards

anu
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
May 8, 2010 at 06:39 PM
You cant connect with a switch - you must buy a router so it can assign and manage the internet addresses. If you have two Ethernet (network) cards in one of the computers then you could connect the broadband to one computer Ethernet port and the switch to the other port. You then run Windows Internet Sharing on that PC. In that way the first PC manages the connection in much the way as a router would. It's just much simpler to buy a cheap router.

Good Luck