Windows 7 Desktop Icons Not Appearing

Closed
Anonymous User - May 16, 2010 at 03:20 PM
 Anonymous User - May 16, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Hello,

I've been using Windows 7 for the past few months and was working fine up until I came across this small but irritating problem... On boot up everything will load fine except for the Desktop Icons. I have to right click anywhere once around the desktop icons for them to show.

I'm not sure how this problem arose but I would like help. I've read articles on google with people having similar problems to mine only with Windows XP. The only possible solutions I found did not work for me. Any help?

Also, I'm new here, found the site by finding people having similar problems and asking here. Hopefully someone out there can help me. =(

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
May 16, 2010 at 06:06 PM
Upon doing deeper search... I've found 2 similar people that have had problems the same as mine but this one is dead on to what I'm experiencing:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090916113420AAdN3j7

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated and help for anyone else that may also experience this in the future.
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
May 16, 2010 at 06:20 PM
Anonymous User
May 16, 2010 at 07:42 PM
Unfortunately it's unrelated to my problem. But I recently restarted to see if something I did would fix my problem, I noticed something strange. When I went to "Show Desktop Icons", it was unchecked. Though when I did right click it still showed the icons while unchecked. Now it looks like the problem others were experiencing when I first searched this that I thought was unrelated... I'll have to look into others solution later to see if this fixes it or if there is any solution at all...