Wireless Connectivity Issue

Closed
Asad Manzoor - Nov 6, 2008 at 06:38 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Hello,

I am using Windows XP Professional and Intel Centrino1.6 Ghz Mobile Technology Processor with 256 MB RAM. I have been trying to connect wireless internet with my laptop. I read the following para from Help & Support option in windows:
"When you create a home or small office network, computers running Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition are connected to a local area network (LAN). When you install Windows XP, your network adapter is detected, and a local area connection is created. It appears, like all other connection types, in the Network Connections folder. By default, a local area connection is always activated. A local area connection is the only type of connection that is automatically created and activated."
Is it compulsory for me to use Windows XP and not Windows Professional XP for Wireless internet connectivity? My building has this facility and I am unable to use it. Kindly help me in this regard.
Regards,
Asad.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 6, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Windows XP Professional should work just fine. You problem is in the software and/or network settings.