Downloading emails!

Closed
L0T3X - Nov 13, 2008 at 02:58 PM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Nov 17, 2008 at 03:48 PM
Hello,
I have just bought a new vista laptop to travel with, but i do most of my work on my normal pc. I have just set up the mail box on the laptop but when i send/recieve emails it automatically downloads and deletes them from the server, which means i can download them onto my normal pc. How can i stop it from doing this??

I need your help!

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Nov 17, 2008 at 03:48 PM
Hi There Unless your server lets you keep a copy when you download to your Laptop you will not be able to do it. As servers don't want all your messages to stay on their webspace once you have downloaded them they are normally deleted.
The way I do it is to visit my server site and log in to my mail online that way I can deal with any important emails that come through and once I get home download them as normal through "In my Case" Outlook Express.

Hope this helps Regards Tony B.