System Restore does not go back beyond

Closed
mamapatnc - Nov 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 16, 2008 at 03:25 PM
Hello,
I tried doing a system restore to hopefully undo a problem I created on a social site. However, when I go to restore, the only date that is darkened is the date of the present day.....I cannot go back to any other date or time......is there something I can do to correct this problem?....keeping in mind that I am very computer illiterate....
I read that someone else had a similar problem and tried running restore in "safe mode" but the same thing happens....nothing....cannot go back to any other time...
Or should I just have a professional check out the problem?
Thanks for any help you may be able to give!!!!!!
mamapatnc
Related:

3 responses

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 15, 2008 at 11:41 PM
Here's a link that'll put u in the driver's seat. Click on the link below and scroll down the page. They have a really nice guide that will help u resolve your problem.............Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/
mamapatnc Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 16, 2008
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:06 AM
Thank you for this link....I read the info and it says if system restore is disabled that all restore points are deleted....apparently when someone was working on my computer, they did just that....turned it off...
Does that mean I can no longer go back to a restore point? If so, is there any way to rectify this? Or am I just out of luck???
I am a grandmother very new at all of this....any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
mamapatnc
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 16, 2008 at 03:25 PM
Try formatting your PC back 2 factory settings. Make sure u backup anything important onto a disk or you'll lose it.........Good Luck!!!!!!!!!