MAIL SERVER ISSUES

Closed
cbtshare Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2008 - Nov 15, 2008 at 06:45 PM
 fahim khan - Mar 14, 2009 at 08:28 AM
hello

I have a 2003sp2 domain controller (one network card) .I use is as my mail server with microsoft exchange 2003 sp2 and webserver.I dont have a static address so I use No-ip service to map my dynamic ip.I live in Canada so I have rogers and on the router I forwarded port 25 for all mail.I configured DNS and with appropiate MX records bout on noip and the local dns server.

Problem..

I am able to recieve mail but am not able to send out out externally. I am am also able to telnet my domain name port 25 but I am still unable to send out mail.please can someone suggest anything lol i been at this for 2 days.( am not sure if the setup allows you to have one NIC,I've been using exchange for sometime now and this is my first time setting it up with one NIC.

Please Help
Related:

4 responses

You need static IP and PTR record for your MX, othervise you will be blacklisted. Using dinamic IP for e-mail server is only improvisation and you will have many problems. If you do not have knowledge and experiance for administering mail server you can host your domain and acounts on some provider servers. You can find many providers searching on google selling this service, but I am recomending you to chose someone in your neigburhood. Good luck.
You are able to send email only from 1 email address at time...set deafult address on other mail ..and You got it.
plzz take ip add
cbtshare Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2008 2
Nov 15, 2008 at 06:57 PM
I forwarded the ports from my router yet when I run smtpdiag I get this

Computer name is SERVER.
VSI 1 has the following external DNS servers:

Checking SOA for uucsolar.com.(domain I want to send to)
Checking external DNS servers.
Checking internal DNS servers.
SOA serial number match: Passed.

Checking local domain records.
Checking MX records using TCP: mydomain.com.
Checking MX records using UDP: mydomain.com.
Both TCP and UDP queries succeeded. Local DNS test passed.

Checking remote domain records.
Checking MX records using TCP: uucsolar.com.
Checking MX records using UDP: uucsolar.com.
Both TCP and UDP queries succeeded. Remote DNS test passed.

Checking MX servers listed for administrator@uucsolar.com.
Connecting to uucsolar.com [72.27.171.90] on port 25.
Connecting to the server failed. Error: 10060
Failed to submit mail to uucsolar.com.