Sharing internet over LAN

Solved/Closed
piyush - Nov 17, 2008 at 03:32 AM
 prasad - Nov 2, 2009 at 08:02 PM
Hello,

I have recently subscribed for a postpaid internet broadband connection of Tata Indicom. They have provided me with a static ip. No I want to setup a home network and share the connection with one more computer. I have a 8-port netgear switch. I want to share with making one of the computers as Server as the pc has only one LAN port...

I tried setting up with the help of a proxy software but that ways, the internet speed for the other computer is very low.

My current setup is somewhat this way...

My internet connection goes into the LAN switch...from which the two computers are connected....

Please help me out to setup a proper network and share the connection equally...

Piyush
Related:

5 responses

all u need is an extra lan card......put your provider cable into lan card..........connect 2nd lan with switch ....n now share..............remember......u cannot switch off your 1st pc
heloo sir
I want to connect the two diffrent IP for sharing the internet in computer lab
I have two lab and two diffrent IP
how can I connect the lab for sharing the internet
I have leased line connection
Please help me
Yes you are correct.
Host computer need 2 lan card.
connection will be like this:

from router to host pc's lan 1 [static ip for wan will be there ]

anothet cable will come out from lan 2 of that host pc

and goes to switch and from there other computer will be connected through that 2 nd lan card.

giving example.

host pc
_________

lan 1 -> 62.223.20.228
lan2 -> 192.168.0.1 [with same dns]

client pc
________
lan card -> 192.168.0.2 [gateway 192.168.0.1 dns will be same]

and so on.
ahmoelay > devsharma
Apr 12, 2009 at 02:09 AM
hi sir,

i want to know . Two latop to contact with wireless.

Can u reply for me.

Thanks

ahmoelay ( pyin oo lwin )
kt > ahmoelay
Apr 30, 2009 at 04:42 PM
on first lap top lan card ip
select my netwrok place then right click on mouse select properties two lan card show on ur screen then select wireless land right click on wire less lan card select properties and give it below ip
192.168.1.1 ip
255.255.225.0 sub net mask

and second one laptop

give it to ip on wireless lan card

192.168.1.2 ip
255.255.255.0 sub net mask
gate way 192.168.1.1
shekhar, on Friday February 13, 2009 07:16:18 PM

plz tell me how can I control bandwidth of the computers connected through my pc lan, the connection are like that u described....bcuz wen other pc users start download my net is v v slow...!!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 17, 2008 at 04:19 PM
You need a Router in place of the Switch you now have.
hi
I am also facing the same issue and I doubt that using hub for multiple output ports we can connect multiple computers as the ip given to us is static.
Can you plz elaborate more on this.
thanks in advance..

Neeshu Jain
Hello,
I want to connect py pc to other pc through switch.pls guid me !i have already setting on my pc and ma pc is connect the internet but on my other pc show that pc is connected but only other pc is browssing the google web site except this site other pc is not open any web site.
Make LAN connection between computers using a switch, connect the internet in any one of the computer and in "my network place" u will see the internet connection. righg click on it and share the internet. the other computer also get connected to internet automatically. thanks
hai
this kamalakar from hyderabad I have kept the cyber cafe u say me how 2 conifigur the the sharing from single user 2 seveen pcs
prasad > KAMALAK
Nov 2, 2009 at 08:02 PM
hello,
i want know how to sharing internet one computer to more computer and what are the requirement 's?
thank you

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
HI
piyush

you have configured just new broadband connection. you get static ip from tata iindicom

so go step by step configuration

first you connect taht line into your modem.
then connect patch cord one end to switch to modem.
then spread this connections into diff. connections.
afterwards ping your static ip using netsh command.

whole network will be pinging.

thanks

vikram singh
kanpur.