Comcast Internet Won't Connect

Solved/Closed
Jimmy - Jun 18, 2010 at 04:34 AM
 Jimmy - Jun 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Hello,
Okay so I have a Gateway, not entirely sure what kind exactly. Lately it's been giving me a blue screen saying that it's dumping all my hard drives. I left like that for about an hour one time and it got up to around drive 300 or so.

Well anyway I angry at it finally and reinstalled my operating system which is just Windows xp Service pack 2. Now my internet does not work. The modem is connected to a Linksy's Wireless Router WRT54G which connects to my computer. i know the internet itself works because the Mac downstairs gets internet as well sa my stepmoms Laptop and my Playstation 3. I can't figure out what's wrong the only thing that I did was reinstall my OS and then the internet stopped working and now the PC light on the modem just keeps flashing.

Pleas Help!

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 18, 2010 at 04:15 PM
It's possible that you need to download and install the network driver software for your Gateway. You must identify the model number of your Gateway and download the drivers on another computer. You can download them to a flash drive and use thaty drive to install them on the Gateway.

Good Luck
Okay so I believe that I ave figred out my type of computer.
It is a 556GE Desktop Computer.
I went to the driver downloads site on gateway and the list of downloads is kind of confusing since it cannot check it against my own computer automatically. I was wondering if you could help me by at least pointing out a few downloads that might work and helping me install them.
P.S. If you need the SN I can provide to you over E-mail
Thank you
P.S.S. Also for some reason my speakers no longer work either.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 23, 2010 at 06:14 PM
I see there are two chipsets that Gateway used. I have no idea which is the correct one to use. You can input the serial number of the PC on the following page. It should then give you the correct downloads:

https://www.gateway.com/worldwide/support/?Tab=My

Good Luck
Hey thanks man it's working now. I appreciate the help.