Gervarod - Jun 25, 2010 at 04:32 AM
Hello,

MY FLASH DRIVE GOT MANY WORM VIRUSES WHAT
CAN I DO?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2010 at 03:09 AM
Dear Sir,

You should actually have the flash drive formatted in order to get free of the trouble.

Thank you.
reformatted it wont get rid of it any way
1. Click START then click RUN. Type cmd or command.
2. Then a DOS window will appear. On the command prompt which is shown with c: type the drive letter of the flash drive. If you don't know the drive letter of your flash drive, just open the MY COMPUTER and then look for "Removable Disk (Letter)". The "Letter" is the Drive letter of the flash drive. If you found it this way: "Removable Disk (D:)", then the drive letter of the flash drive is D:. So, in the command prompt, type d: then press ENTER.
3. So the command prompt will look like this: d: in which d: stands for the drive letter of the flash drive. Then type dir /a and press ENTER.
4. The list of files in your flash drive will be shown. Look for the file names: Autorun.inf, Ravmon.exe, New Folder.exe, svchost.exe, Heap41a, or any other exe file which may be suspicious.
5. If you'll find any of the files, then you're sure now that your flash drive is infected.

So, what should we do to remove the files? Just follow this:

1. On the command prompt type attrib *.* -s -r -h and press ENTER. With this command all files' attribute will be changed. Now you can delete the file you are suspecting.
2. In deleting the files, you can simply delete it through the DOS command or you can use the Windows way of deleting the files.