Problem with WLAN connection

Closed
frogpuppet Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2010 - Jun 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 30, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Hey guys, i have a TP-Link router, i've only had it since january and since about a day ago the wlan just does not connect on any of 3 pcs (2 laptops and a desktop), the wlan light blinks, it doesnt flicker it just blinks on and off, and all computers can see the SSID and can even tell me the signal strength, but just will not connect to the network, it endlsessly tells me its acquiring a network address or it's waiting for the network, and eventually it will say 'not connected' in the list of networks, but when i click on it the button down the bottom says 'Disconnect' implying it's connected? im on an ethernet cable into the very same router at the moment. Id really appreciate any help or advice, thanks in advance for your time.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 30, 2010 at 10:33 PM
You might try to unplug the power supply and wait 15 minutes before connecting it again. This might clear the problem.

The next step is to reset the router to factory defaults. This is normally done using the reset switch found in a hole on the back of the router. You will then need to do the router set-up again.

The last step is to contact the manufacturer for replacement.

Good Luck