Voice call in yahoo mess 10

Closed
joe - Jul 3, 2010 at 02:13 AM
 nasanni - Feb 23, 2011 at 09:14 PM
Hello,
need help. voice call in yahoo messenger 10 is not working. already tried to reinstall but still the same problem. tried in other pc too

i knew that there was a problem in th site last june 30 coz there was a message posted but now, the message is gone but its still not working.

any
informatio will be apppreciated
Related:

2 responses

There are many reasons for which the Voice Call button is/becomes grey, so inactive. The main reason is the team of software programmers Yahoo has these days. I had the same problem. Voice Call worked fine until one day I just found it grey. Skype worked fine. The "Setup Video and Voice" test was fine, still no Voice Call capability. In my case, it turned out that the YIM changed randomly the connection type. Go to the command bar, Messenger/Preferences/Connection. By default you see the "Connect directly to the Internet" check. However, it might be an illusion, the YIM might actually work with the "Connect via a proxy server" option. Check willingly the "Connect via a proxy server" option, then Apply. The check back the "Connect directly to the Internet" option and Apply. Indicating the correct type of connection (Dial-Up, Broadband, High-Speed) might help. This solution solved my problem. I hope it'll help those many user facing it.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 18, 2010 at 04:30 PM
Thank you Sore
Changing from "Connect via a proxy server" to "Connect directly to the Internet" under Connection at Preferences worked for me!!!! Thanks
Hi Dear

If you are in UAE, Etisalat has blocked Yahoo Voice n Video calls