Tried installing Windows get blue screen

Closed
Angie - Jul 7, 2010 at 09:24 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 8, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Hello,

My computer is a HP 550 laptop. My hard drive crashed so I bought a new one and installed it. I bought the same one that was in it the first time. The problem I am having is when I install Windows XP I get a blue screen that says

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try chaging video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF7480BF, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78D9F08)

I have went into my Bios and disabled then but I still can't download Windows. Can somebody please help me?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 8, 2010 at 04:51 PM
Hi there,

Its not a big issue,get in bios and disable something called native mode or sata,after having done so ,save and exit settings and boot from xp installation cd .Got same issue last year and i did what i mentioned and was successful with installation of xp.

Thanks