New lpatop not connecting to the router

Solved/Closed
vijaya - Jul 12, 2010 at 09:18 AM
 vijaya - Jul 15, 2010 at 01:30 PM
Hello,
i have a Dell inspiron and a desk top with windows xp connected to links router and working fine . i bought a new gateway laptop with windows 7 and the internet connections worked well in my brothers house. We came back to our house Ican see mine router as well as our nieghbours connections. But When I try to connect it would not connect and comes out with some messge as either your router is not plugged or some other message. Please I need help. How to connect to the router.

5 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 12, 2010 at 09:38 AM
Hi,

try this 1

Click on "Start"-->in search box, type services.msc and press "Enter".

At the right side, search for the service named "DHCP client"--> double click on it.

Set startup type as "Automatic" and then click on "Start" --->click on OK.

Note: If its already started, then Click on "Stop" and then "Start".

Then scroll down for the service named "Wireless Zero Configuration" --> double

click on it.

Set startup type as "Automatic" and then click on "Start".

Note: If its already started, then Click on "Stop" and then "Start".
I tried your suggestion. when I scroll dwon I cannot see any wirless czero configuratin. I only have wired connection. I clicked on it and did get result.
I even tried with my ethernet it can see my router and cannot connect. It comes out with an error- wireless adaptor or access point error.
My inspiron setting for wirless has WEP and my new laptop have WAP/802.1
please help or else should ask for technical help.
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jul 15, 2010 at 09:33 AM
Disable wireless encryption on wireless router temporary, test to connect to wireless network again, see whether it works. Afraid it's caused by wrong encryption key.

Anyway, in order for your laptop to work, the wireless adapter setting on laptop must match the setting on wireless router, if not it won't work.

If you need more helps, can take a look on this window 7 wireless adapter configuration example, hope able to help.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 15, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Check your SID and the security key. Also check your firewall.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi,
It worked. When I tried to configure my router and laptop to the same encritption, SID and configuration it got connected. (becuase my brother's router configuration was in the laptop because I used it there). Thank you so much for your help.