DNS not working

Closed
Mike - Jul 20, 2010 at 08:09 PM
 Mike - Jul 21, 2010 at 09:26 AM
Hello,

I am trying to start my own hosting business, I am self taught on everything I know so far I have searched the internet but have not found the answer to my specific problem yet and am hoping someone can help me figure out what I missed in configuring my servers with DNS.

I have 4 servers I am using for this 2 are my dns servers a web server and a mail server. I have several others but I will just be working with these 4 to get everything working.

My test domain is myssmail.com the name servers are ns1 and ns2 they are both running windows server 2008 and are registered as my dns servers with godaddy. If I install IIS I can enter ns1.myssmail.com and see the IIS page however I cannot access the other servers www. and mail. which have a records on my dns servers.

Like I said I am self taught and I know I have a long way to go so please be specific in your answers and follow up questions.

I appreciate any help I get and will do my best to try everything suggested even if I think I have done it already.

Related:

1 response

I guess I should add that I am using active directory and the web structure is accessible from my LAN just not the WAN so its just web facing side that I am having a problem with.