Wireless Internet Connection Problems

Closed
Nadine - Jul 24, 2010 at 09:48 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Aug 16, 2010 at 09:35 AM
Hello,

My internet is not working properly, I mean technically I am still connected to the internet but it is very slow. Before, I used to be connected to my wireless router but now it simply says that I am connected to 'Network'. I can't find my old router in any of my network settings. My computer also says that it 'cannot find any additional networks'
Does anyone have any suggestions

Manys Thanks

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM
1. You can try to disable and re-enable your network connection a couple of times, sometimes that helps, if not the try the second step.

2. You can try to use the windows wireless zero configuration utility to netword instead of the config free, I have always had a problem using config free. If you go to start>control panel>network connections then right click on your wireless connection and click properties, then click on the wireless network tab and check the box that says,"Use windows to configure my wireless network settings". Then click ok. disable and re enable your wireless connection. Then right click your wireless connection and click properties and then view wireless networks. click the wireless network you want to connect to and then click the connect button.

Let me know if this works
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 16, 2010 at 09:35 AM
Try following:

- Scan computer by using antivirus/anti-spyware with latest signatures, afraid it's caused by worm/virus infection.

- Try to have wired connection to router and test the Internet, this way you will be able to know whether it's Internet or wireless problem on router/wireless adapter.

- Recheck the wireless adapter driver status, ensure it works well. If not, try to download latest driver from manufacturer website and install it.

- Log on to wireless router's management page, recheck the wireless network settings and make sure there is no error.

- If you need more ideas, could have a look on this wireless network troubleshooting tips article.

Hope able to help.
Blocked Profile
Aug 15, 2010 at 04:01 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider contacting the specific service provider and obtain a faster package from them.

Thanks.