Sound

Closed
lin - Dec 7, 2008 at 04:20 PM
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 - Dec 8, 2008 at 01:06 AM
Hello,
i was in the middle of playing a slingo game, and all of a sudden no sound. i shut down and back on and still no sound on anything. i have windows xp and a dell puter. can anyonne help. thank you
Related:

1 response

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 01:06 AM
Make sure that your audio device is installed and working correctly by going to Start, and right clicking on My Computer, then clicking Properties.

Click the Hardware tab, then the button that says Device Manager.

Somewhere down the list it should let you know what your audio devices are and the status of it. If it's not clear, right click the audio device and click properties.

If all is still not well, try uninstalling it (there should be a button right there) and restarting your computer. It will automatically reinstall the driver for it when it starts up, and all should be good unless there is a hardware problem with the sound card.