Cannot Start up Laptop

Closed
Roxin - Jul 27, 2010 at 07:42 PM
bryztech Posts 10 Registration date Monday July 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2010 - Jul 28, 2010 at 08:03 PM
Okay, this might be a challenge for you guys. I need some SERIOUS assistance with this dang laptop.

Alrighty, so. My dad gave me this laptop, it says COMPAQ Widescreen Presario V9000 on it. He told me that if I could fix it, I could have it. I believe the OS is Vista. Dunno yet.

So, naturally I dig up a charger, plug it in and start it up. It loads, shows the COMPAQ screen and then gives me the options of 'Launch Startup Repair' (recommended) and 'Start Windows Normally'. I click Startup repair and it loads...something and then goes black, taking me back to the screen again. So, I click Start Normally and it just...shuts down.

I tried doing the same thing with Safe Mode and it just shuts down...yet again.

It might have something to do with how it's booting, the BIOS or the hardware...but really, I have no clue.

Please, please help! I want this laptop! I need something to drag with me everywhere that has all of my useless Otaku crap on it OTL
Related:

1 response

bryztech Posts 10 Registration date Monday July 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 at 08:03 PM
Hi roxin,

If Startup Repair won't work, you will need to do a clean reinstall of Windows Vista in your laptop. Surely it should resolve your concern, however, if the problem still persists, then I'm inclined to say that it's a hardware issue - your harddrive may have gone corrupted. You may have to have it replaced.