Continuous beeping

Closed
reggi - Jul 27, 2010 at 11:48 PM
 dk - Dec 19, 2010 at 08:17 PM
Hello,

i tried to fix my desktop, and i am having difficult situation.. it s kind always beeping and continuous beeping after u turn it on...... i am not able to start the scream, it says no signal, i can not hear the fan working the power light is on
but nothing else, but beeping......... i tried to remove the memory ram , there was two, i removed them twice , and put them back , but problem is still the same, please help me.

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 28, 2010 at 04:01 AM
Verify that the power connection is connected properly to the wall and the back of the computer. If the connections appear to be connected properly, attempt to disconnect and reconnection both ends of the cable.

If you have a power strip (surge protector) or switch used to turn everything on at once, temporarily disconnect the computer from that switch and connect that cable directly to the wall. This will help verify that the strip or switch is not bad.

Verify that the outlet works by connecting a different component to that switch.
Hi
I hope you can help me with a problem I have with my Acer Aspire 9500 laptop.
The laptop developed a fault which I tried to remedy by recovering to the original Acer settings using the recovery built in.
Now the laptop won't boot up at the first, or second, or third attempt, it starts to boot up and then shuts down, but when it does decide to boot up there is a very loud prolonged high pitched beep, which goes once the laptop has booted up.
The machine then runs perfectly.
Thank's
geoff
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 19, 2010 at 04:20 PM
Greetings Geoff,

A long beep such as you are experiencing indicates a memory problem.

What is your OS? When is the last time your defragmented your disk and did a registry clean-up?

Let me know

Regards
change ram put only one ram