Asus laptop ....new ....keeps freezing

Closed
Patricia - Aug 1, 2010 at 07:04 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 5, 2010 at 05:03 PM
Hello,

I bought my daughter an Asus laptop for her studies.
She has had it 4 weeks, 3 of which she was on holiday and didn't have it with her.

Initially it was ok as she just checked emails for a few days.

Now back and tried to load microsoft office and it just froze up.
Same thinh happens if you try to open a document and the internet .

I have deleted some of the free programmes that were already installed.
Also I tried deleting the microsoft software as it says it is corrupt and does let me do anything.

Really frustrating and no disks supplied with the laptop.

Can anybody help otherwise I will have to send this back to ebuyer !!!

Thanks

Related:

3 responses

I have resolveed my Asus freezing problem. The answer was a conflict of anti virus software.
The laptop came with preloaded antivirus software & I then downloaded the free AVG.
Apparently they work against each other and just eat up all the memory.

So I deleted both and reinstalled one anti virus software.
Machine is now good as gold. Fast as it should be.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 5, 2010 at 05:03 PM
Hello Patricia

You are a sweet and kind person! Thank you ever so much for keeping me updated on the situation. Wow!

Yes indeed, conflicts with av's!

Well bravo and thank you again.

You are most welcome to come back
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 1, 2010 at 07:28 AM
Dear Pat,

There is a very serious problem which will be difficult to solve.

I must bring to your attention that any computer should never be purchased without the original CD's OS or recovery CD's.

The Microsoft software which you deleted may have been essential even if they were corrupt.

The system as I estimate at the moment must be reformatted or repaired. Without the original CD's the task is impossible.

Try to see if your start menu if you have in your system tools a recovery console and see if you can perform a system restore, (files which may be on the D drive if the system was manufacturer installed (OEM).

If you do not have such an option, request the recovery CD's or return the machine for reimbursement.

Good luck