Weird internet connection problem wif desktop

Closed
Deevil - Aug 8, 2010 at 02:08 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Aug 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Hello,

I have an internet connection problem with my father's desktop despite the fact all the laptops of me n my siblings are working perfectly fine.

The destop is connected to the router by LAN. My usual understanding is that if any computer connected to a network(wif internet) by LAN should successfully get internet connection just by simply connecting it.

It was working fine until my father suddenly said it was not working. I am suspicious over my father toggling with any settings for fun. It initiately cause "limited connectivity" (something which i feel will onli pop out on wireless).

after some further toggling by my father, it has returned to normal network connectivity but internet connection was still not working.

I have ran out of options and will definitely not want to do anything to my router which is serving my well for my wireless needs.

Please advise me on what I can do to solve this problem. Thank you.

Related:

3 responses

check/try the following.
if ur network cable is damaged
try unplugging and replugging or using another cable
make sure ur firewall is set to full trust for ur local area network connection
go to network connections and make sure all the networks are enabled
right click on the network icon on the taskbar and click repair

if all fails contact ur ISP :D
Blocked Profile
Aug 8, 2010 at 09:29 AM
The limited connectivity is due to cable,try changing it or if you know how to change the rj45 clip then this is better,

Thanks
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Aug 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Can try following:

- Check the network card configuration. If the router will assign IP, you need to configure network card to obtain IP and DNS settings automatically, so that the computer will connect automatically.

- Check and ensure network card driver works well with no problem.

- Try to use other network cable. Afraid it's faulty network cable.

- You can also use this ping tool to troubleshoot this network problem too.

Hope this helps.