Arghhhh cant use remote desktop!!!!

Closed
KathyM Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2010 - Aug 9, 2010 at 07:04 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 12, 2010 at 04:33 PM
Hello,

I read all the posts in this thread and can't truly find the answer to my problem. So, here is what I am having a problem with. I have a laptop that is running vista home basic and I want to use remote desktop to connect to a home pc that is running xp home. I have looked at both computers and remote desktop is on both but when I go to connect it won't work. I read that you cant use remote desktop from home to home but if that is the case then why is it on both computers? Also, when I go into remote and check the remote tab there is nothing there for me to add users. Can someone tell me what I am missing? Should I upgrade my laptop to Vista business and if I did that would I then be able to use remote desktop to access the home pc that is running xp home? Also, I am not that savvy when it comes to computers so if you could be so kind as to use layman terms :) I would certainly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance! KathyM
Related:

2 responses

KathyMM Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2010
Aug 12, 2010 at 06:24 AM
This was so weird that I could not login using my original login info so I had to create a new one and I am answering my original post as I was KathyM......but I digress......what I do want to know is why no one is helping me???? I am in dire need of help with this so is there anyone out there who can help me????
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 12, 2010 at 04:33 PM
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

First create System Restore.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

http://www.unet.fi/fransblog/2007/08/30/enable-remote-desktop-connection-on-vista-home-premium/

If your problem still exists, then you can try other remote access applications like

Cross Loop, Teamviewer, Ammyy Admin etc

Good Luck.