PC starts, then restarts. Repeat.

Closed
Frustrated - 10 Aug 2010 à 18:39
 Blocked Profile - 11 Aug 2010 à 04:29
Hello,
My PC keeps restarting after the mode selection screen. I've tried all the safe modes, regular, and last configuration that worked. After initiating any of them, 3 seconds later it restarts and goes back into mode selection screen. I'm running XP, and the last thing I remember doing was holding the power button to turn it off, no programs running


Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
11 Aug 2010 à 04:29
Hi there,

If you are not able to boot in those modes on startup then you should make a system repair by booting from your windows installation cd then when successfully booted after repairing it,right click on my computer>properties>advanced settings>settings and disable automatic restart,you should try this in safe mode before making system repairs,for instructions please refer to link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/1777-repairing-vista-at-startup

Thanks