HP PAVILLION dv6618ca sound problem

Closed
Sadaf - Aug 17, 2010 at 09:50 PM
 Sadaf - Aug 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM
Hello,

I don't know what happened but the sound on HP laptop has stopped working automatically. The little sound symbol in the corner of screen has an x over it and it says no audio output device is installed :S......I tried practically EVERYTHING, but nothing seem to have fixed the problem......as soon as i noticed it, i tried to restore my PC to an earliest point, but that did not solve the problem. then i decided to install the audio driver off HP's site no luck here either, it would display an error saying, "Installation failed,no MEDIA device for this driver", so i decided to reformat my PC maybe that would fix it, when i reformatte, this didn't help either. however the next morning when i turned my PC on, the sound was working perfectly fine like it never stopped working lol....just UNTIL i decided to restart my PC for some other reason and when the PC turned the sound stopped working again :S.....I REALLY NEED HELP!.......when i have my MSN chat window open and click on "call" it would display a message saying "no sound card available on this computer"????not sure what this means??..........I am hoping some1 would really help me out with this problem. THANKS A BUNCH in advance :)

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 18, 2010 at 08:08 AM
Hi there,

Get in system configuration utility and on the general tab select normal startup,press on apply and restart machine,if same then do same procedures and now in startup and services tab select all and apply then restart .To get there open run and type msconfig then press on ok.

Thanks
Hi there,

Thank you for the help and quick reply, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem :(....when i went to msconfig page, it was already in the state as u explained above yet i still followed and restarted but no change :(............Hopefully some1 else might know???