Fictitious messages in Outlook Outbox folder

Closed
ptjs1 - Aug 19, 2010 at 01:36 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 20, 2010 at 05:21 AM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution to a problem that I have.

I'm using Outlook 2003 and the program seems to have got confused. For some weeks, The Outbox seems to imply that it has an unsent item with (1) in brackets next to the folder name. However, there are no items displayed in the folder.

Today, the problem got worse. I tried to sent a document twice from MS Word using the "Send To...as attachement" option. The emails weren't received, they don't appear in the Sent items, I can't see them in the Outbox, but now it says (3) in brackets next to the Outbox folder name.

Hope that makes sense. Any suggestions as to how I clear the problem?

Tks

Paul
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 20, 2010 at 05:21 AM
Hello,

A long time ago I had a similar problem. Since yesterday I am trying to remember how I fixed it, it is a small bug with Outlook.

However, I can tell you for certain that the messages you wrote have not been sent and they are still in your unsent box!

Using Word to mail, is ill advised, it never worked for me, it is best to make attachments.

Regards