Cannot Boot Windows in Either Normal Mode

Closed
wannabe_fat - Aug 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Hello,

So I know that Windows is corrupted (Windows Vista), and I don't have a backup disk. I know I know... shame on me.

When I attempt to launch either normal mode or safe mode the Windows loading screen initiates with the progress bar at the bottom. The unusual thing is that the Windows logo is no longer on the screen. Once the load is "complete" the screen goes black and I'm left with just my mouse cursor.

Any suggestions on how to get the computer to boot to Windows in at least safe mode without having to reinstall Windows or pull the hard drive and copy on a machine that is functioning?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Hello,

here's solution for your issue!
If you have some time you can give it a try.

Procedure:
*From another PC (a friend or relative)
*Download Puppy linux live CD and burn the ISO on a DVD or CD
:http://www.puppylinux.com/cd-puppy.htm
*Instruction are given on the website
*Turn on your faulty computer
*Change the Boot sequence and set your CD-rom drive as primary: https://ccm.net/faq/648-boot-devices-modifying-boot-sequence
*Restart your PC with the Puppy linux CD inserted.
*If you have perform the right manipulations above, your PC should boot on Linux..
*From there you can access your partitions and copy the files on an external strorage media.

Note that:

*Under Linux, it is necessary to mount the disks to access the partitions.
*Under Puppy Linux, make simple click on the partitions, sda1 and sda2 will suffice. (If you have some diffculties in performing this task, rememeber that Google is your friend!)

To access your Windows documents from Linux :

*If you were using Windows XP, the My Documents folder is usually in sda1/Documents and Settings/ "Your username"
*For Windows Vista and Windows 7, the file is located in sda1/USERS/"Your Username"

After recovering your precious data...simply reinstall Windows!!

If your issue is solved please change the status of your question to solved and let me also be updated,

Thanks