Dell Inspiron 1525 and bluetooth problem

Closed
Georgypan Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2010 - Aug 25, 2010 at 03:37 PM
 Damodar - Oct 31, 2010 at 03:02 PM
Hello,
I have been trying to install Bluetooth software on my Inspiron 1525 following these instruction by Verediano a while ago:

Hi buddies,
It look hard to do but it isn't. If you do what I say you'll solve your problems with bluetooth at Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7 easily.

a. Download the driver at Dell.com:
- 1. Go to https://www.dell.com/pt-br?c=br&l=pt&s=gen&mp=www.dell.com.br/&redirect=1
- 2. Click on the link "Drivers & Downloads" in the end of the site.
- 3. Select your model ("Laptops", "Inspiron Laptop", "1525") and confirm it.
- 4. Click on Network.
- 5. Download the "Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)"
- 6. Save the file "R140135.exe".

b. Install the driver:
- 1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
- 2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
- 3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
- 4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
- 5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
- 6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
- 7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.

Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.

- 8. Open the folder "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software"
- 9. Execute the file "BTTray.exe". The icon will appear in the system tray (next the clock).
- 10. Click with the right button in Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- 11. The installation will continue automatically.
- 12. Click in "OK" button to finish

That is how I solve my problem with my Dell Inspiron 1525 runing Windows 7. It's working perfectly.
<

Everything goes well until step 9, then BTTray.exe just refused to execute. Can anyone help?

Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Hello Georgypan,

Thanks a lot for what you posted on this link ,but just wanted to confirm is it a tip or after having done all these steps your last 2 lines are confusing,please put some light on it,

Cheers
Georgypan Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2010
Aug 26, 2010 at 01:05 PM
Hello Netsa and thank you very much for replying. On reading back, I realise my post is confusing, so I've put my query in bold. I've been trying to instal bluetooth software on my Dell Inspiron 1525 by following Verediana's instructions above (in intalics) and until step 9 it all goes well, but then the file BTTray.exe will not execute. It's there but when I click on it nothing happens. There is also a box telling me to switch on bluetooth by doing Fn+F2 but again nothing happens.

At the part which says "Note: When the software ask you to active the Bluetooth DO NOT CANCEL.", I have to click on Cancel or the software just won't continue to instal. I'm sorry if this is a bit confused, but I'm not really sure how to describe my problem.
Thank you very much !! It works .... :-)