Cann't access internet via WiFi

Closed
Surajit - Sep 4, 2010 at 01:34 PM
 Surajit - Sep 5, 2010 at 04:47 AM
Hi,
I have a BSNL wireless modem + router for my broadband connection. Details of the modem are given below.

Manufacturer: ITI Limited.
Type: DNA-A211-I
Feature: 4Eth + 1 WiFi802.11g ADSL2+ Router

Though I am able to connect the Internet from my laptop wirelessly through WAN miniport but not able to connect the internet through the WiFi. It is showing "Access: Local Only". Also my other WiFi devices like iPod is not able to open any page and showing server not found (but the WLAN connection is showing properly).
In the modem I can see that the "INET" LED is not at all turning on.
I am using this modem for the last 10 months and everything was fine until 2 days back when I powered off the modem (it is not the first time I switched it off) and then turned it back on and found All the required LEDs except "INET" (PWR, DSL, WLAN) are glowing.
Please help me to find a solution. I need my WiFi to go properly. I believe it's an issue in the modem software. Will "Restore to factory settings" help me in this regard? If yes, then please give me a step by step instruction and consequences as I have never done that before.

NOTE: Like I said everything in this modem was fine 2 days back, so the WiFi settings are properly done and the network is properly secured through WPA2-PSK security. And all these were done through the 192.168.1.1 link. Also after this issue I tried to reboot the modem couple of times through this link but nothing changes.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 5, 2010 at 01:50 AM
Hi there,

Seems to be an issue from isp contact them for further help on the issue,if your phone is on same line check if there is dial tone.

Thanks
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, my phone is on the same line and it is working properly and has the dial tone.
Also I already logged the complaint in BSNL for this issue and they have thoroughly checked the line and found no issues in it.
Kindly suggest further step.

Thanks