Internet Explorer is not opening

Closed
tebzangwana - Sep 15, 2010 at 02:22 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 15, 2010 at 05:41 AM
Hello,

I had an issue with my [hp laptop], i was getting an error regsvr.exe, when i start ,and i was able to fix the problem , but now the [internet explorer 7] doesn't open, i tried Firefox 2 as well, nothing is working

i am on windows XP

can somebody please help??
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Sep 15, 2010 at 05:41 AM
Hello,

It looks like you have an orphoned registry link.

Restart you computer in safe mode with networking which should give you access to IE.

Download Autoruns,https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ search for the related entry and then delete it.
Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns

I would like if you would run this scan Tool also,MBAM.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
*Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
*Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
*When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
*When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
?Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
?Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
*Then click Finish.
*MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.*On the Scanner tab:
?Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
?Then click on the Scan button.
*If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
*The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
*When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
*Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
*Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
*Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
*When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
*The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
*Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Good luck

You may be requested to reboot.