Laptop Shutdown problem

Solved/Closed
jithin - Sep 17, 2010 at 04:28 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 20, 2010 at 05:26 AM
"I am using sony vaio VGNCR343N laptop from 2009 may onwards.. Now i have problem that it turn off randomnly without any reason. if turn off problem started once then it repeat again and again. Sometime it works 2-3more hours without any problem. I think the laptop turn off only, when i am using Visual studio like large applications. Laptop warrenty period are over. I gave it in a service center, they said that some chips in the motherboard of this laptop is complainted and also they have no interest to repair that chips, only interst to replacing motherboard, its cost is 15,000 more.what can i do? Can i repair that deadly chips? please give me a answer as soon as possible....."
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 17, 2010 at 04:34 AM
Dear Jithin,

A chip cannot be repaired it can only be replaced and to do so you must be a well trained technician.

The problem with your laptop may be due to overheating not a faulty chip.

How old is your lappy?

Regards
Hi Ambucias, 2 year old. the problem started just before 6 month ago...
where can i buy that chips,?
Blocked Profile
Sep 17, 2010 at 05:27 AM
Hello mate,

You are having an overheating issue,as far for the chip it definitely cannot be repaired but certainly be replaced which is to be done by a well qualified electronic technician also the chip is not for sale everywhere as its not a chip which is used on tv sets and common electronic items.If you can manage to open the laptop then open it and clean the heat sink and add new thermal paste on processor and if required make use also of a usb laptop cooler pad,here are some tips for overheating on laptops:

https://ccm.net/computing/computers-laptops/4197-how-to-fix-an-overheating-laptop/

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 20, 2010 at 05:26 AM
Hello,

Suff954 is correct. Replacing a chip is not small business.

You can try contacting your laptop's manufacturer, as matter of a fact, it is extremely unusual for a laptop to burn a chip after only a year and a half. A laptop should work without any problems for a minimum of 5 years.

I suggest to you that although the warranty is over to insist upon the manufacturer that the chip was faulty to begin with and that they should replace it free.

Good luck