My computer won't let me change any settings

Closed
AssMaggot Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2010 - Sep 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 27, 2010 at 05:27 AM
Hello,
Hello,
Hi I have a problem with my computer. I use windows xp and for some reason when I try to change any settings.. A box comes up telling me application is not found.. That goes with EVERYTHING except when I click a program to start.. a box comes up asking me what I would like to run. But if the file I want to change is not there then I cannot go there. For instance my sound does not work and when I go to control panel > audio device and sound options it gives me a few more options like (Change settings) and when I click it the box comes up saying it cannot be found. How do I fix this?
If you need more information to help me figure out the problem please announce thx.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 27, 2010 at 05:27 AM
Hello Ass,

It looks very much like your system got corrupted and good!

Since you cannot run any programme I suggest that you do two things:

First

1. Click on start
2. Click on run
3. Type chkdsk
4. Click on ok.

If the problem persists,

Backup any data that you would like to save.
Insert your Win XP disk and reboot.
Choose the repair option

Good luck