Can I restore my previous user account mac

Closed
mudzi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2010 - Sep 29, 2010 at 06:24 PM
mudzi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2010 - Sep 29, 2010 at 06:25 PM
I am writing to see if there is an easy solution to this problem. This afternoon I was working on my computer without it being connected to power. It switched of when the battery went empty. When I connected it to power and switched it back on it prompted me for a password. I did not have a password for my admin acount and was surprised that is was asking for one. The computer's name was UCANDANC's Macbook and there was no password. I tried different ways but I could not get it to log on. I searched on google and I found this way to establish a new admin:
----------------------------
# Reboot
# Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
# When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):

* mount -uw /
* rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
* shutdown -h now

# After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you're good to go again!

-------------------------------
After doing this I was able to get into my computer but realized that all my programs: e-mail, iphoto, Flipshare, imovie, itunes were not there because they were under the old admin of UCANDANC's MacBook.

Is there a way that I can restore my computer back to its old state before the battery went dead?
Related:

1 response

mudzi Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 29, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 at 06:25 PM
PS I did not delete the old user as it suggests