Laptop shut off what to do?

Closed
AshleyWillington - Oct 4, 2010 at 03:17 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 4, 2010 at 05:20 PM
Hello,

My laptop has recently shut off after I went to school I left it on but when I came home is was off . I have tried the pull out battery and hole power button for 30 seconds and it did not work ...now does it matter if I send it back to the company to get fix or a normal computer guy?
P.S. i HAVE A SONY VAIO i just received it a month and two weeks ago
PLEASE HELP i'm so sad without it:(
Related:

3 responses

xploreraj Posts 23 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2011
Oct 4, 2010 at 03:52 PM
Hello Ashley,

I think you should take out the battery, wait for sometime (5 minutes), let the system cool (freeze!!), plug in the battery and charger, and try to start it, and then if it does not repairs, I would suggest you to go to a "computer man" as he might be dealing such problems generally.

Regards,
xploreraj
Vince.$tone12 Posts 77 Registration date Saturday October 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2010 5
Oct 4, 2010 at 03:59 PM
Every thing has a life span but it is not correct to have a laptop only one month old to have problems. It will be better to send it back if it is on warranty. It should be a problem with the battery but make sure that it not that the battery is discharged! take care..
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2010 at 05:20 PM
Dear Sir,

Xploreraj is right, please have the complete elaborated instructions from the below address.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

However the ideal thing to do will be sending the laptop back to the distributor for over a month, it is already experiencing such troubles.

Thanks in advance.