My keyboard has taken over - help!

Closed
cleavisarenis - Oct 4, 2010 at 06:31 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 4, 2010 at 07:23 PM
Hello,

I have a MACBook, and last night I tried to used a combination of keys to turn the computer off, as my friend said that she had used and it wasn't working, so I kept trying different combinations and finally gave up and used the power button to turn off. Today, all kinds of things are happening some of which I have been able to fix, but two things are happening that I haven't been able to solve:

1) whenever I type any letter, such as "k" two letter appear - if I typed "k" then "ki" appears, if I type "d", then de" appears and then following the this a number will start typing all by itself and just keep typing -- I can't get it to stop. If I type another letter, the letter combinations with appear and the number will change to a different number, either up (from 3 to 4) or down (from 5 to 4) which seems to depend on the side of the the keyboard that I used.

2) the delete key no longer works

I've tried restoring the defaults for the keyboard. I tried resettting the SUC (?) where I turn off the computer and take the battery out; I tried resetting the PRAM but since the computer asked for my password and I can't type it in due to the taking over of the repeated numbers have not been able to complete this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2010 at 07:23 PM
Dear Sir,

There might be a problem with the circuit board but first confirm whether there is no virus or trojan infection causing this particular problem.

Thanks in advance.