IE8 opening everytime i hit ctrl

Closed
Eric Stewart - Oct 5, 2010 at 12:38 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Hello, everytime i use the ctrl key on my keyboard it opens IE8. this just started hapening today and is really getting annoying. how can i stop this from happening ... it is nothing to do with my keyboard software because i have never installed it. and i have not changed any of mty computer settings. Please help me fix this annoying problem.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Hello,

By default, for opening Internet Explorer, there is no shortcut key but you can have a shortcut key assigned easily. This is what has been done to the application in your case, the CTRL key has been set as the shortcut to opening the Internet Explorer 8 browser.

This is normally done by creating a Desktop shortcut of the application. You should have the IE8 shortcut on your desktop. If you do not see it, then it must be in the Documents folder. Check it out.

As soon as you have spot that particular shortcut, right click on it. Select Properties. You should get to the Shortcut tab and you will easily spot the shortcut key. Get it removed and you are done with it!

No more troubles now, you are free of the difficulty that you were experiencing.

If ever the problem does not get solved, do contact back and indicate.

Cheers!!!