Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4830 w/out Disc

Closed
Karen O. - Oct 6, 2010 at 07:59 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4830 and I want to restore it to the factory default setting. I don't have the recovery discs. I called Toshiba and I was told that the computer I have doesn't have a "partition" on the computer (I guess fancy words for built-in recovery disc?) and that I needed the disc the restore it to factory default settings.

Only problem is, I have no clue where those discs are. I've moved around from city to city since I bought my computer and the discs seem to have gotten lost on the shuffle. Toshiba said they would send me a recovery disc for $24.99....

But is there ANY OTHER way I can restore my Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4830 WITHOUT a disc and without having to pay for anything? Come on, there's gotta be a cost-effective/time-effective way to restore this computer to factory settings.

Anyone, please..... HELP!!!!!

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Hi,

Definitely you need the recovery cd to reset to factory settings as you do not have the recovery partition.The price is good and you will have to opt for this else format using windows installation cd followed by drivers one by one.

Good luck