Desktop items/task bar wont load,wallppr will

Closed
ZombiePanic - Oct 11, 2010 at 01:50 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 12, 2010 at 04:28 AM
Windows xp: Hello, i am so stressed, been reading everyone's answers to this problem, but nothing is working for me, i have windows xp, i have tried starting it in safe mode, running virus sweep, and also going back to a previous date a couple times! also tried doing the task manager>copy and rename explorer.exe thing!

The only thing that seemed to work was logging off and back on, now i can see my taskbar and desktop items but the backround is no longer there just the restore backround thing but i cant click on anything! when the mouse is over the taskbar it has the loading icon, and my desktop and items just wont acknowledge me clicking on anything, right click doesn't even work! PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME!!!!

I loaned out my windows disc to a friend a while back and they never gave it back then moved away, so thats not an option for me, also i dont have money to go to tech PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Also, i think this was caused by my computer when it came outta standby the ctrl key was held down all the way through the loading process!!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 11, 2010 at 04:50 AM
Greetings

1. Go alt+Ctrl+Delete at the same time and wait for a box to open

2. when the box is open Click "file" at the top and then Click "New Task (Run...)"

3. When you get another small box with something to type in, type in "explorer.exe" (without the ")

4. Your Taskbar and Icons will now load,
thanks, but still doesnt work, like i said i've tried that many times, and just for the heck of it tried it again just now. Still no desktop items or taskbar.

thanks but do you know any other way of doing this?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 12, 2010 at 04:28 AM
Microsoft has prescribed 4 methods to resolve the issue. You must choose the one that best applies to your system.

You will get the full, step by step description of those methods on this link. I am positive you will find your solution.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/318027

Best regards