Losing my freakin mind here.

Closed
Lo - Oct 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Okay, so I've been with hughesnet for 2 years. Crappy internet. But hell, it beats dial up.

Well my problem now is that my internet often gets very slow and I have to power cycle both the router(It's a Cisco Linksys) and the modem to get it back to working. Even then its substantially slower than it should be.

My connection goes like this. Modem->Router->Wired computer connection. We have a laptop that connects wirelessly, and I connected wirelessly with my Moto Droid.

When I take the modem and connect it to the wired computer directly, the LAN keeps flashing "Enabled" "Network Cable is unplugged."
I connect it with my original connection plan, it recognizes the network and works sluggish.

I was on the phone with hughesnet for over an hour, thinking it was their modem. They absolutely refused to even think that the problem could be with their equipment. They think it's my cables. Even though i've tried for different cables, including an XBOX cable(which is the only cable that lets my computer get internet at all, even with the router). So I'm not so sure what to think? Ethernet card in the compter? Possibly. Modem? mehh. I'm not really sure.

I should add that i tried these same tests with a brand new HP Latptop, and got the same results.

Help me. It's driving me nuts.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Hi there,

Please consider getting through its configurations again.

Thank you.