Internet access with Proxy Server unchecked??

Closed
TLCON - Oct 27, 2010 at 02:16 PM
griever09 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2010 - Oct 27, 2010 at 08:59 PM
Hello,

I was on the internet yesterday morning, it was running strangely, then I suddenly could not get back on. I called my internet provider, and they said I needed to disable my anti-virus temporarily to determine the problem. Webroot does not provide this option when the icon is right clicked so she gave me a phone number to call for "Webroot Tech Support".

Long story short, it wasn't actually Webroot tech, she had me uncheck the Proxy Server so I could get on the internet and she could scan my computer. Three infections were found but whatever company it was wanted $170 to take them off.

I did a Malwarebyte scan today and deleted three infections, my problem now is that I cannot access the internet with the Proxy Server being checked so I am even more vulnerable to viruses.

What do I need to do to be able to re-check the Proxy Server? Please HELP!!!

Related:

1 response

griever09 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2010 1
Oct 27, 2010 at 08:59 PM
Hi TLCON,

Could you please try the steps below and see if the problem persists?

Open your IE and click 'Tools' on the upper right and select 'Internet Options'

Internet Options will show up, go to the Connections tab

Click LAN settings, uncheck 'Use a Proxy Server for your LAN'

Click OK twice, close and reopen IE.