No audio device is installed

Closed
Razi - Nov 8, 2010 at 07:05 AM
 Razi - Nov 30, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Hello,

I am facing the problem of "No audio device is installed" , with red cross mark over my sound icon in Windows 7. When I open Device Manager , I cannot find sound,game controllers option and so cannot locate my audio driver to enable/disable it to solve my issue.
When I install audio drivers downloaded from Hp website , it tells me "Cannot find device for this driver". The driver I am installing is for my model only i.e Hp dv6602. Is this a hardware problem ?
Some one please help ! I am facing this issue from long...

Thanks in advance
Razi

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 8, 2010 at 08:03 AM
Hi,

The drivers you downloaded from Hp is it for windows 7 or you downloaded for vista os?is it an upgrade by making a format of system?if so then first of all install chipset driver,graphics then for the sound,do give your reply for these questions to help you accordingly.

Thanks
Hi thanks for replying..
The Hp drivers are for Vista. I have upgraded my system by formatting to Win 7. I am using Win 7 from last 8 months , but there was no problem. suddenly audio stopped working. I am downloading and installing the drivers sequentially as u mentioned and will update on status soon.

Thanks again.
Razi
Blocked Profile
Nov 9, 2010 at 05:30 AM
Hi,

Great then ill wait for your feedback,still next time you format your system its better to download drivers as per the os which is in use,also as you mentioned you worked for 8 months then it may be a recent installed application which has reversed everything on system,

Thanks
Hi,
I finally installed the driver in that sequence .. Well it worked but only for a while and then again back to no audio. I have to restart again to get audio , which can again go anytime.

Razi
Hi .
And ya I also tried disabling and re-enabling the driver too.
Still no help. when I click on update driver , it says the driver is up to date and current.
Also I installed all the above drivers in vista compatibility mode in Win 7.

Thanks
Razi
Blocked Profile
Nov 10, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Hi,

Open configuration utility by doing this:

open run and type msconfig.msc,go to startup tab and select all or on general tab select normal startup,

Thanks
I tried virtually everything , but no results !!
External Usb sound Card did the trick for me !!