Hard disk connect

Closed
plato - Dec 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 9, 2010 at 02:41 PM
Hello, all computer experts.

can anyone tell me if i can connect a sata hard disk which runs on my pc to my macbook. well if it is possible please let me know the process.

looking forward to your responses:P

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 9, 2010 at 02:05 PM
Your PC hard disk is most likely formatted in NTFS which your Mac will not read without some extra non-Apple supplied software. Your easiest solution would be to connect the two computers through a network and share files that way.

Good Luck
Blocked Profile
Dec 9, 2010 at 02:41 PM
Hello Plato,

You have not been precise on whether you wish to use the drive simultaneously on both system or if you would like to use its drive on a MAC. Please espress yourself clearly.

If it the first case, then XPCMAN is right over it and as he suggests, please get to connecting it via a network.

Otherwise, if you wish to use the drive on a mac, proceed with the below.

It is actually a possible task but make sure that you have proper tools and knowledge to carry out the following instructions. Otherwise, get the help of a proper competent computer technician.

The first step will of course be opening the computer casing and fitting the new drive in an open drive bay and then screw it label faced up. You have it mounted and now it's turn to attach its cables. Get the Serial ATA and power adapter cables connected.

Now you should have the drive initialized and for doing it, please make use of your Disk Utility or Drive Set Up application. There will be no need for Disc Wizard for the installation.

Hope it solves the matter. Good luck and do not hesitate to hit back for more information.