Dell inspiron 1545

Solved/Closed
sara - Dec 20, 2010 at 01:19 PM
 sara - Dec 23, 2010 at 07:30 AM
Hello,when i turn my laptop on it boots up but i still have only a black screen - i can hear it working and i even hear the instant messaging applications beeping but i cant SEE anything! i've tried turning it off and on and pressing all the F buttons on top but nothing works. please help!

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 20, 2010 at 03:11 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

If the problem still exists, then click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Good Luck.
i got an email from jack4rall - thank you so much for helping. is it possible to replace the backlight or inverter board in my laptop without too much trouble? thanks
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 22, 2010 at 03:56 PM
Hello,
If you are getting a display in the external monitor then try replacing the backlight bulb or inverter
Yes if you are careful then you can do it by downloading the manual from the dell site. But if you closely
look at the screen you may see the fainted image if the inverter or the backlight bulb is almost at the ending
stage. All you have to do is just remove the inverter from your laptop, note down its number and search for a new inverter using that number in ebay. If its backlight bulb problem then you should be careful while replacing as its a delicate one.
But inverter boards fail more often than backlight bulb. But after replacing the inverter if you found its the backlight bulb then you could have wasted your money in buying the inverter. I would suggest you let the service guy do it for you. They will check if its a backlight bulb or the inverter by connecting another screen
to your laptop inverter.
Good Luck
thank you so much Jack - really appreciate your time and trouble in trying to help me with my problem!