-
Registration date
Wednesday December 29, 2010
Status
Last seen
December 29, 2010
-
Hello,

I have a big file in Excel with heaps of information about my customers. One of the coloms is telling me when I need to send them a letter. I would like to have a reminder when this date is reached. The best would be that I get it every hour or every day untill I say I did it so I will never forget.

An other solution will be to link excell with outlook and make automatic tasks.

If anyone knows how to do this please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Greets,
Marlies

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2021
Hi Marlies,

This is what I have come up with.

Since you didn't provided any sample data I have used the following:

a	b	23-12-2010	23-12-2010
aa	bb	24-12-2010	
aaa	bbb	23-12-2010	

In which column A is first name, Column B is Last name, Column C is reminder date, D1 is today's date using formula: =TODAY().

Open VB and paste the following code under ThisWorkbook:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Set MR = Range("C1:C3")
For Each cell In MR
If cell.Value = Range("D1").Value Then MsgBox (cell.Offset(0, -2).Value & " " & cell.Offset(0, -1))
        Next
End Sub

When you close your workbook now, you will get message box after message box each with first and last name of the people you need to e-mail.

Best regards,
Trowa
Registration date
Wednesday December 29, 2010
Status
Last seen
December 29, 2010

Hi MArlies,

If not VB, u can also use formula inorder to highlight the today's date when you open the fine using conditional formating.
As Trowa has mentioned u can creat one cell for today date using formula =today().

Procedure
Go to conditional formating/new rule/use formula to determine which cell to format, there u will get space to enter the formula.
enter formula as =IF($D11=$F$2,1) where D11 is the date od customer and F2 is the today date and format as per ur requirement by clicking format button. and click ok.

Later select the cell u have formated and then format painter option and then select the rest of the date cell in date column.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!