Acer Aspire M1640 Bois access

Solved/Closed
Max - Feb 28, 2011 at 03:21 AM
 DrBongo - Jan 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Hello all, I have an Acer Aspire M1640, but when I wanna install winXP on it, I get the blue screen of death showing up, I red about how to change the Bois settings/ controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE' on this website, but when I press delete to access csmos/Bois settings, I can t find the Compatibility mode in BIOS! (my bois version is 2.5) so I dont know where this damn thing is?
please help

Max
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Feb 28, 2011 at 06:03 AM
Hello,

Can you see something like SATA MODE to be on AHCI while surfing the in the bios. If yes you can exchange by IDE, saves changes and reboot your computer on the xp cd, it should work normally.

Regards!
Hey, the SATA MODE is inactive, so I cant change it
Anonymous User
Feb 28, 2011 at 02:33 PM
Hello,

After doing some research, I realized that your computer does not support Windows XP, just Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux.
However, it is possible to install SATA drivers for your disk when you install Windows. To do this, download the SATA drivers to the link below:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/aspire_m1640/vista/drivers/SATA.zip

Put the drivers in a USB key and once you boot your computer on your installation CD of Windows XP, press F6 to load drivers Sata.
Load the drivers from the USB key and continuing the installation, that should work.

Good Luck!
Much Appreciated
Apr 4, 2012 at 02:53 AM
Confirmed!!! This does work with the driver!!
The link is actually: ftp://ftp.acer-euro.com/desktop/aspire_m1640/vista/drivers/SATA.zip