External Hard-drive problems, please help

Closed
gigihime - Mar 19, 2011 at 08:50 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Mar 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Hello,

Um I'm not exactly computer savvy. I have a hard-drive which is a 500gb Seagate EED p/n 9sf2a2-500. It has some games and stuff on it, the cords work because when i plug it into our Wii I am able to click on usb loader in the main menu and can play the games.

I plugged it into my siblings computer but the drive wasn't showing up anywhere, not in "my computer" or even in disk management when i went there. I moved to another computer to see if the drive would work but after it was plugged in, even though it showed up it said that the drive needed to be formatted or something but said that all data would be erased if I formatted.

What can I do? I dont want to lose the information that is on the drive because I dont have that info anywhere else
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Try connection your external hard drive to different USB slots. If the problem still exists then let me know the
"File System". Right-click on your external drive --> Properties --> Let me know the "File System". Is it RAW?
Good Luck