COMP WILL NOT START UP

Closed
slasherr Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2009 - Jan 14, 2009 at 07:31 AM
 dsutin - Feb 16, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Hello,

I'm having problems getting my Dell Insperon 1720 to start. I'm running vista. This morning i turned on the power and it came to the user loading screen. I put in my password, hit enter, and while loading the computer froze. So i held down the power button to shut the computer off and start it up again. When the computer turned on the second time it would not start up. It comes to a loading screen (black background, DELL in big words, a loading bar at the bottom, runs on every start up), but after this screen instead of going to the user log in the computer loads an error report. The report gives me the option of starting windows normally or fix windows. I have tried both, neither will allow my compouter to start up both just lead back to the origional error report screen. So ii restarted again and this time when booting up i pressed f2 and told the computer to start up in safe mode. this also brought me to the error report screen. Next i pressed f12 on start up and ran a Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics test. This flaged me an error 2000-0333. IF anyone has any ideas as to what will fix this nd get my computer to start up plz plz plz let me know as soon as possible, i'm in university and i really really need my laptop to be working :(

4 responses

no need to do that get with norton and they have a trojanbrisv.a fix tool
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 14, 2009 at 07:50 PM
I download the Dell error codes from this site https://www.dell.com/support/contents/fr-fr/category/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase#1

I has 2000-0333 as Graphic card test timed out waiting for keyboard input.

so you didn't complete the Dell testing. Did the Dell Diagnostics ask you to input via the keyboard?

Your best bet is to call Dell help line and get help from them.
slasherr Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2009
Jan 15, 2009 at 07:08 AM
Ya k after a long night on the phone with dell i have checked over all the hardware systems on my computer (thats what my warenty covers) so now i'm on my own. But since the problem is with software would wiiping my computer fix this problem? +how do i go about doing it? (no files on my comp are important)
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Dell recovery will restore the PC to factory defaults. You hit F8 or F10 during the boot process, I can't be sure which one without a Dell computer in front of me. I seem to remember seeing the options flash on the upper right of the boot screen. Dell help line can walk you thru the restore process, If you can stand another call with them. Good Luck